Shopping in Playa del Carmen

Shops and Sites
speedo_lovr
posted 5 months ago
Greetings! Husband and I are planning our first trip to PDC in Jan-Feb. Of course I'll be bringing a bunch of speedos with me but also plan on shopping for some too along with other gear. Can anyone recommend some shops? I've searched a bit online but a lot of them seem to have a focus on women's swimsuits. Would love to hear from others who know the area since PDC seems to be popular with the gay crowd. Thanks!

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.

speedo_lovr
posted 5 months ago
I don't want to bump this up too often to clog up the forum but maybe this once since leaving in less than a month in case anyone has input. Thanks
Bubblebum
posted 5 months ago
If you’re looking for fun couples/intimate stuff, Cachondos can be an option. They don’t have a website just a Facebook page if that helps

speedo_lovrspeedo_lovr liked this.

speedo_lovr
posted 5 months ago
Gracias bubblebum! Will be checking that out for sure.
O2BnSF
posted 5 months ago
If it's anything like Puerto Vallarta, there are a lot of speedo type shops in the gay areas.
speedo_lovr
posted 5 months ago
posted by: O2BnSF
If it's anything like Puerto Vallarta, there are a lot of speedo type shops in the gay areas.
Based on what I've read, PDC is more integrated than PV. By that, I mean the gay/straight people are more mixed together and there's not any specific gay areas that are clearly defined. I've never been to either place so not sure how accurate that is. We also want to visit PV maybe next year so we'll find out eventually :D. We're also going to visit a couple of malls and shopping areas to see what's there.