'Lycra Dudes' social and training group + forthcoming meet

Sports Meetups
Deleted user
posted 10 years ago
I run this as a secret Facebook group but will notify Spandex Party of forthcoming events on this forum too. About the group: "We plan to meet up in a variety of locations around London but predominantly where there are also changing and shower facilities, e.g. Battersea Park and Hyde Park. Also always looking for hosts near scenic training areas who can store belongings and open up their shower facilities. The group is free, friendly and open to all ages and fitness levels. Members are actively encouraged to network and make the most of the social potential of the group. Most parks have a decent cafe or snack bar so there's always the chance to hang out afterwards too. Always looking for ways to develop the group so if you have any ideas let me know. Please either be a London resident or frequent visitor. So dust off your very best lycra gear. Don't hold back - give the rest of us something to aspire to!" Forthcoming Event - PROVISIONAL 19th April - 14:30 Informal Track and field training at the Parliament Hill track on Hampstead Heath. Running, sprinting and field events. Equipment available. £3 entry, £1 for lockers. Changing and shower facilities available. On a warm Spring day you can't beat the setting! Followed by a dip and dive in the Highgate Men's pond, just a short walk from the track. For anyone with an interest in athletics and showing off your speedoes at the pond! Any questions give me a shout. (Provisional because the track can get booked up by groups for exclusive use so I will need to check nearer the time.)

thereydthereyd liked this.

Deleted user
posted 10 years ago
It sounds very interesting. Any more info?