Blank profiles

Blog
Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
Sorry to reopen this subject but needs to be done. I'm getting tired of logging on and finding profiles with nothing on them. I've block approx 30 profiles from various locations and various ages that are totally blank or have very little in them. Something need to be done like during account creation users must upload at least one picture before continuing. Why people create blank profiles god knows just pisses me off.

BubblebumBubblebum liked this.

Bubblebum
posted 4 months ago
posted by: Lycralad41
Sorry to reopen this subject but needs to be done. I'm getting tired of logging on and finding profiles with nothing on them. I've block approx 30 profiles from various locations and various ages that are totally blank or have very little in them. Something need to be done like during account creation users must upload at least one picture before continuing. Why people create blank profiles god knows just pisses me off.
While my view isn’t as strong as yours I generally agree that people should have to post 1-3 pics on account creation just to be social and take part in this very social end of social media

Deleted userDeleted user liked this.

Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
Yeah the ages range from 20's to 70's and seems suspicious
8eight8
posted 4 months ago
What happened to the last thread about this?
jtalbot812
posted 4 months ago
not to offend anyone here, but what if like someone is in the closet? or they live in a country or in a locale where it is Not safe to be out, or even found out about? Even a headless profile could be used to track down a persons location. and possibly their information.. IM not saying someone will do it, there does remain that possibility Maybe the person making a profile just isn't ready or doesn't have time with their busy work schedules... or perhaps they could be camera shy, I have talked to guys with blank profiles and most usually will Email or send a photo if asked. Just some random thoughts I had on this subject.... I don't know....

8eight88eight8,Deleted userDeleted user,GhostlyGhostly liked this.

Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
Just had another two profiles blank and blocked just ridiculous
Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
True onenor two might be in the closet but 32 profiles so far I don't know
8eight8
posted 4 months ago
But why do you care so strongly, enough to go and block them all? Are you worried they’re friends, family, or colleagues?
Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
If your going to create an account it's better to have a picture and some writing to make it interesting. If your just going to leave blank and put no effort in then to me it's just pointless. Maybe you like blank profiles I don't it's my personal thing. I'm not saying people are required to show face just have some to make your profile interesting.
Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
posted by: 8eight8
But why do you care so strongly, enough to go and block them all? Are you worried they’re friends, family, or colleagues?
They are not friends family or colleagues they are people from all of the place from various ages
8eight8
posted 4 months ago
If your going to create an account it's better to have a picture and some writing to make it interesting. If your just going to leave blank and put no effort in then to me it's just pointless. Maybe you like blank profiles I don't it's my personal thing. I'm not saying people are required to show face just have some to make your profile interesting.
You do you, boo. Just think creating multiple threads on the subject seems a little odd.
Goldcoastguy
posted 4 months ago
Blank profiles are definitely weird.

Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
posted by: 8eight8
You do you, boo. Just think creating multiple threads on the subject seems a little odd.
Like i care what you think mate...im entitled to have my say just as much as you have the right to disagree so :)
Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
posted by: jtalbot812
no offence taken :) not to offend anyone here, but what if like someone is in the closet? or they live in a country or in a locale where it is Not safe to be out, or even found out about? Even a headless profile could be used to track down a persons location. and possibly their information.. IM not saying someone will do it, there does remain that possibility Maybe the person making a profile just isn't ready or doesn't have time with their busy work schedules... or perhaps they could be camera shy, I have talked to guys with blank profiles and most usually will Email or send a photo if asked. Just some random thoughts I had on this subject.... I don't know....
Bubblebum
posted 4 months ago
Yikes this post got a bit past my threshold for casual chatter…don’t really care if people have pics or not, i just like it when they have a couple to view and engage with. If nobody posted, this site likely wouldn’t exist. Anyway - to each their own!

spandexpartyadmin
posted 4 months ago
Hey Lycralad11 your feelings are valid. I'm sure others feel the same. What makes you feel this way the most? Is it the feeling of missing privacy? Or that you show off in your gear while others reading your profile down while without having anything on their profile? Are these profiles all new profiles? We could encourage new users / blank profiles to add more things to their profile with small banners that help them editing their profile. E.g. you're browsing on New Photos, then a small banner asks you if you'd like to upload a photo yourself since you don't have any uploaded.

Deleted userDeleted user,8eight88eight8 liked this.

Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
I'm not sure Simon all I know is that they are blank and from various locations and various ages most seem to be from Germany or France but there has been the odd UK USA Spain Italy Brazil. Thanks for listening to my view
Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
Just had one from Netherlands now lol
spandexpartyadmin
posted 4 months ago
These users must start somewhere, the profile doesn't complete itself. If you look into Grindr, the new profiles are mostly blank as well. If they see fit, they'll enrich their profile. I think this is about new users then. We can definitely help them with a better onboarding and hinting that a complete profile will be better for engagement with other users. I see this as important and added it onto the implementation list.

Deleted userDeleted user,8eight88eight8 liked this.

Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
Just had another one from Austria lol. Probably as you say new users I'm not sure but you got it well in hand so enough from me thanks again for listening