Archiving Issue

Blog
singlet_freak
posted 1 year ago
When I archive a message of a user I have read and no longer need it also "archives the user". Meaning any of their new messages don't prompt a new message number at the messages icon on the main page. I have to click the archive tab to see any new messages from them. I just want to delete the message and not hide the person in the archive folder. I have 15 people in my archived tab that I cannot see new messages from. I would like a delete message function (is that part of premium?) and a way to bring the archived members back so I can see new messages properly.

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.

spandexpartyadmin
posted 1 year ago
Thank you for your explanation, tomas. I'll push an update (probably tomorrow) where you can see a number of unread conversations right next to the "archived conversations" button. But this number is not incorporated into the unread conversation number on the very top right of the menu bar. Regarding deleting messages: When you delete a conversation between you and user B, and user B sends you a new message, do you expect to have the message pop up as new again? But you can't see previous messages, since you deleted them on your side?
singlet_freak
posted 1 year ago
posted by: spandexpartyadmin
Thank you for your explanation, tomas. I'll push an update (probably tomorrow) where you can see a number of unread conversations right next to the "archived conversations" button. But this number is not incorporated into the unread conversation number on the very top right of the menu bar. Regarding deleting messages: When you delete a conversation between you and user B, and user B sends you a new message, do you expect to have the message pop up as new again? But you can't see previous messages, since you deleted them on your side?
I thought that archiving was your functionality for deleting a conversation. I looked and it seems archiving is my only option. On the old site I could delete a message thread if I had read it and no longer needed to view it again. But it seems that archiving a message also puts User B in archive list. If they send me a new message I can only see it in the archive tab which is odd. I feel like a new message should show up in the messages icon. I popped over to the archive tab and there were messages from 4 people I missed because they seem to be stuck in the archive tab. Also I "archived" a message from you and your username is also stuck in the archive tab. I don't know if any this makes sense. Maybe I'll try to screen shot my archive tab to show you who is stuck there.

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.

singlet_freak
posted 1 year ago
posted by: tomas
posted by: spandexpartyadmin
Just sent you a private message to show you the list of names in my archive tab. For instance I archived a previous message from you but now you are stuck in the tab. If you send me a new message I wont see that you sent me a new message because it wont show that there is a new message in the inbox. I have to click the archive tab to see if there are any new messages. I just feel like messages that I archive shouldn't also "archive the user" I thought that archiving was your functionality for deleting a conversation. I looked and it seems archiving is my only option. On the old site I could delete a message thread if I had read it and no longer needed to view it again. But it seems that archiving a message also puts User B in archive list. If they send me a new message I can only see it in the archive tab which is odd. I feel like a new message should show up in the messages icon. I popped over to the archive tab and there were messages from 4 people I missed because they seem to be stuck in the archive tab. Also I "archived" a message from you and your username is also stuck in the archive tab. I don't know if any this makes sense. Maybe I'll try to screen shot my archive tab to show you who is stuck there.
singlet_freak
posted 1 year ago
Aha! Thank you for the response. I see that I can "unarchive" a message and user. Now I can bring all those users back into the regular messages list and in turn see the messages counter increase when they write a new message. Thank you Spandexpartyadmin :)
spandexpartyadmin
posted 1 year ago
Now you'll see a small number next to the 'Archived conversations'. it indicates how many unread messages there are in there. This way you should still see new messages without checking them. Cheers!