Brisbane/Toowoomba: Wanted: Models for home-spun red spandex briefs size S-XL

Blog
Deleted user
posted 7 years ago
Okay, so this isn't as opportunistic as it sounds, despite coming from a guy who generally loves spandex-clad bulges. :D I sew my own gear and later this year (my 34th birthday) I'm considering having a bit of a fun weekend. It's been a rough few years and things are looking up at last! Ideally I'd like to have matching gear for a 'friend' to wear. With my small waist, I'm usually happy in an XS sized brief, but most are from an M to an L. So I'm considering making a range of garment sizes. Theoretically, I can make sizes by extending the pattern width for a variety of different waists. In practice, I'd like to be sure things fit properly. It is also vaguely possible in future I might setup a small operation on Etsy or my own website, to hand-make such underwear if there's enough interest. So ideally I need volunteers to try on and confirm fit and comfort, and report back any issues or concerns with seams, etc., from about 30 inch through 40 inch waist (S - XL). In particular, the middle of the range, M and L. Not looking for photos or anything like that - just verification of fit and my pattern measurements. It would be even more helpful if there's anything wrong with the pattern, if I could do a couple of iterations for corrections (maybe consecutive days). (I would borrow a couple of willing friends, but I've moved interstate recently and don't have much of a social life at present.) Whether we meet up in person, or I send you something in the post, I'm not really bothered. If it fits and you want it, you keep it. If we meet in person, happy to buy lunch if that makes it more worthwhile for you. If I get serious volunteers, I'll probably sew the garments in June and aim for early July to check fit. Thoughts, takers? ... failing that, I might have to settle with a shop-bought item.
fred4557
posted 7 years ago
A dumb question: Will all your stuff be red spandex briefs (only)?
mikecalz
posted 7 years ago
Hi Sphinx. I'd be happy to get involved although I'm in Sydney these days. A trip to Brisbane isn't out of the question though. Send me a message if you are interested. Mike
Deleted user
posted 7 years ago
Sounds like a great idea
Deleted user
posted 7 years ago
posted by: fred4557
A dumb question: Will all your stuff be red spandex briefs (only)?
Haha! Not a dumb question, but yes, right now I can't see myself making anything else. As it stands, this is primarily a personal thing, not a business idea. Though I mention that only because I haven't ruled out doing something in future if it seems like a good idea... But obviously, it is potentially a bit limiting in that regard! ;)
Deleted user
posted 7 years ago
posted by: Rich3141
Sounds like a great idea
:D ...it does doesn't it?
d01903
posted 7 years ago
Happy to help as an XL but am in the UK, but if it helps you very happy to help you.
Muscledboy
posted 7 years ago
Cool, just started sewing my own too this weekend, would love to help out, hit me up if ur still looking for someone

ATLSpeedoATLSpeedo liked this.

Deleted user
posted 7 years ago
Thanks to everyone who has replied. I'll be in touch in June some time. :)