Getting stains out of spandex

Blog
skintightblue
posted 2 years ago
Last night I had a nosebleed whilst I was in a superhero suit, and it wasn’t unexpected but a bit of blood got on the hands of the suit (this was right in the middle of the night, so I wasn’t really able to get it sorted out until this morning). It did get stained, and I’ve put it through the wash, but it seems to have made no difference - does anyone know of how I could get the stains out? The fabric is white, if that makes any difference.
Last edited: 2 years ago
Ubiquitous
posted 2 years ago
You're not supposed to let a blood stain set, but I remember you can soak it in a stain remover containing enzymes or use a bleach that is safe for fabric on the spot. I guess you could take it to a dry cleaner and let them do it.

skintightblueskintightblue liked this.

Bubblebum
posted 2 years ago
Hmmm…blood…my experience from my grandmother who quilted…every now and then you’d prick your finger on accident. She told me only the saliva of the person who’s blood it is can get it out. Kinda gross but that’s one answer!

Cycling
posted 2 years ago
First thing never let it set and if you get any blood on any clothes put it cold water asap and leave it to soak through and repeat and rise a few time before washing never use hot water or stain removers or bleach as it will make the blood stain worst off. I use to do this a lot when i owned a small hotel with white bedding and it worked every time.

supercity
posted 2 years ago
Use hydrogen peroxide. soak the stain in it then wash like normal.