Hampstead Heath meet-up 13th June - 13:30 for 14:00 head-off

London
Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
Hi chaps, thought I would bite the bullet and try to get a meet-up organised for Lycra/Spandex lovers in and around London. There's an area of the heath I find particularly pleasant because it is tucked away and much quieter than other parts. I thought it would be a nice place to hang out in some lycra sunbathing gear, chat, eat/drink, play some music and generally get to know like-minded guys. The area is NOT the one immediately behind the men's pond which is cruisy and a bit intimidating frankly - it is about 20 mins walk heading more in the direction of Kenwood House. It's very much an experiment to see who turns up on the day and whether a chill-out in the park is a suitable activity. In terms of clothing remember that you will be in a public place so I will leave it up to your discretion as to what you find appropriate attire. I am anticipating long grass however and few public passers-by so I think there is scope to push the limits a bit! Feel free to bring anything you like in terms of food/drink and amusements. I will no doubt be enjoying a bottle or two of fine ale and always up for some frisbee, card games, whatever goes. I can't really think of an obvious place within the heath itself to meet up that is accessible so on this first occasion am suggesting meeting outside Bistro Laz, 1-2 Highgate W hill from 13:30 and leaving at 14:00 to move to our spot. I will check the weather forecast the night before and in the event of rain will leave a message on this post cancelling if need be. To express interest or with any other questions please send me a DM. Say 'hi' - don't be shy. Open to all types and friendliness a must all round. For those intending to come I'll probably hand out my mobile number too at a suitable moment beforehand. I will mention this event on my profile too. Anticipated end - maybe 5/5:30pm with possible visit to a pub afterwards? Let's see. Reminder - meet outside Bistro Laz, 1-2 Highgate W Hill
hotstuff69
posted 3 years ago
Sounds good, I'll meet you there post cycle
zenel
posted 3 years ago
Yes, sounds great! I'd love to come along xx
speedologo
posted 3 years ago
a fantastic initiative, I wish it all success it deserves in the skimpiest of Speedos :-)
Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
Thanks for expressing interest chaps. Let’s check in again later in the week. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Thomas_Cycling
posted 3 years ago
Hello, next time for sure!
Beachman50
posted 3 years ago
Gonna make every effort to attend. You said all types, lol! Sound like great fun.
Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
All types definitely welcome.
zenel
posted 3 years ago
Hoping everything is going well for our meet-up! Looking forward to meeting up! Zenel
Beachman50
posted 3 years ago
Weather forecast looks good!
speedologo
posted 3 years ago
I wish I could fly over to London to attend ! Enjoy guys - be it without me and my speedos:)
Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
Yes all good for Sunday chaps. Will write a proper message on here tonight.
Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
I think we’re all set for Sunday. I’m going to get there early just to re-acquaint myself with the walk to my preferred spot. If there are any problems I’ll post a message on here. If we decide to meet up again we can always exchange numbers on the day or create a WhatsApp group. Bring anything you would normally bring for a day in the sun - food, drink, something to lie on, music, and of course your finest gear to wear loud and proud. If anyone has a Bluetooth speaker, like a JPL, please let me know, otherwise I’ll get one on Saturday. See you then. Jon
Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
Guys, probably good if you confirm on this thread if you’re coming so I know how many to expect.
Beachman50
posted 3 years ago
I'm in.
Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
I think it’s best to cancel the event. Initial interest seems to have died off completely.