Buying gear - The good and the bad

Shops and Sites
O2BnSF
posted 4 years ago
Like everyone here, most of my underwear/speedos have been purchased online. I have had some good experiences and some bad. I try to purchase my gear from US based companies for a few reasons, the sizing, the quality, and the shipping. Most items shipped from China have strange sizing. I'm a 30-32 waist and am usually a S/M in the US. I have to buy an extra large (if not larger) when buying directly from China. I have also found that the quality is not as good as in the US. Don't even get me started about shipping/returns. It has taken up to 6 weeks to receive packages from China before. I just ordered from Modern Undies and looked at the location of their home office, It says St. Petersburg, FL, but after I placed my order, I discovered that everything is being shipped from China. Also, their tracking is very fuzzy. I have no idea where things are other than, "in transit." So, the good: Body Aware - great fit and fun styles. Product usually arrives within 5 days. Gregg Homme - Quality Olaf Benz - amazing quality and fit - They are a European company and it didn't take too long for the product to arrive when I ordered directly from the them. The white thong in my profile is from OB as is the bright green shear underwear. I purchased the original thong at Les Dessous d'Apollon Mégastore in Paris. (If you ever visit Paris, go to this store in the Marais.) Here is the URL for their online store: https://www.inderwear.com/en/content/11-store-dessous-apollon The bad: Ebay - hit or miss. Most are from China with questionable sizing/quality, so buy at your own risk. Most all of my purchases from Ebay are now in the back of my undies drawer. Facebook ads - I have noticed that some clothing companies that ship from China are always changing their company names. (Same product with different company names and URLs) I guess this is to avoid bad reviews. I'll let you know how the Modern Undies order ends up. I'm sure I'll think of more over the next few days.
Last edited: 4 years ago