privacy: what's viewable to public non-members

Suggestions and site feedback
dakota1212
posted 4 years ago
I noticed that if you look at our site without being logged in, there's quite a lot viewable. For example, if you visit a profile page link without being signed-in, you can see the profile name and primary photo large. Perhaps the photo could be hidden, at the least? Also, if you visit the link for top rated photos, and you are not logged in, you see a slideshow of pics, plus a list of the captions and member names of the recent top rated photos, which seems like a lot of access for the general public. I know it's not hard to sign up on this site, and that it's unlikely someone random would end up on these links without being a member, but it's certainly possible and has me wondering what search engines are scraping and saving too. I would love if there was an option, at least in the individual profile settings, to hide all captions, comments and photos from anyone who is not signed in. That way someone who googles my username won't end up seeing things. Is this something other folks are interested in? PS - i know development is not cheap and I'm willing to pay for the improvement of the site
Exhibitionist
posted 4 years ago
posted by: dakota1212
I noticed that if you look at our site without being logged in, there's quite a lot viewable. For example, if you visit a profile page link without being signed-in, you can see the profile name and primary photo large. Perhaps the photo could be hidden, at the least? Also, if you visit the link for top rated photos, and you are not logged in, you see a slideshow of pics, plus a list of the captions and member names of the recent top rated photos, which seems like a lot of access for the general public. I know it's not hard to sign up on this site, and that it's unlikely someone random would end up on these links without being a member, but it's certainly possible and has me wondering what search engines are scraping and saving too. I would love if there was an option, at least in the individual profile settings, to hide all captions, comments and photos from anyone who is not signed in. That way someone who googles my username won't end up seeing things. Is this something other folks are interested in? PS - i know development is not cheap and I'm willing to pay for the improvement of the site
There are paying members on this site, so the money should have been used to develop the site further, if I am honest. I don't think much has been done to this site for few years, and it's about time it has a revamp that both paying and non-paying members deserves, such as having more options that you have suggested to control their profile, etc

8eight88eight8 liked this.

8eight8
posted 4 years ago
I reported the ability to impersonate others easily in the chat awhile ago by url manipulation but I don’t think that’s been fixed yet either. Would also love a multi-factor authentication option.