WEARING YOUR GEAR OUTSIDE THE GYM/AFTER THE WORKOUT?

Encounters
Deleted user
posted 6 years ago
How many of you wear your gear outside the gym? When you wear your lycra to go the supermarket or run other errands. Obviously with no shorts over just the thights or compression shorts. For me personally it took quite a long time to get comfortable in wearing only lycra with no shorts over when I was going to the gym. Now I am way past that and I always walk to my gym in my lycra already and after my workouts I go to the supermarket or post office in my gear. I am not sure if I get any looks because I don’t even notice at this point. I just enjoy how comfortable I feel in my gear. It’s a shame that in my gym I rarely see anyone apart me who wears only lycra. When I go for a run I see more and more guys in lycra only but there are not that many who wear only lycra in gyms. Just wish there would be more guys who would wear whatever they want without thinking what others think. What about you guys?
Deleted user
posted 6 years ago
I always wear my lycra tights outside with no shorts and underwear. I wear them shopping, taking the dog for a walk, and even to work
cycledudeoc
posted 6 years ago
I wear my spandex all the time after working out. But from my personal experience, I've been wearing spandex for sports for so many years, that I no longer think about it, much less do I ever worry about what others may think. I've been wearing spandex since 1987 when I first joined a track & field club, and then I took up road cycling in 1989. Plus, I remember when it was fashionable for both women AND MEN to wear spandex (without anything over it) back in the late '80s and early '90s, and I definitely embraced that fashion trend, wearing my shiny skintight spandex shorts and even my cycling shorts to school. And that's why I've never been shy about wearing lycra in public. I embraced that time period when you'd see random guys on a daily basis wearing spandex with just a t-shirt or tank top while out and about at the grocery store, the bank, the post office, the mall, etc. But like you, I enjoy the feeling and the sense of confidence that I look good and look fit while wearing my spandex in public, and I love wearing my spandex gear even when I'm not going to be working out. Plus, I'm always one to notice guys checking me out and probably wishing they had the balls to be brave enough to be seen wearing something so sexy and at the same time looking and feeling confident in my masculinity and physically fit body. EDIT: Case in point, right now, it's Saturday afternoon. I went for my usual long bike ride with my team this morning. I came home, relaxed for a bit, and went out to run a few errands, and I'm still in my cycling gear from this morning's ride. In a little while, I need to run a few more errands, and I intend to continue wearing my cycling gear all day long. Fortunately for me, my actual body odor has never been too strong or offensive smelling, so that I can continue wearing my sweaty, well-worn jersey and cycling shorts all day long.
Last edited: 6 years ago
Deleted user
posted 6 years ago
posted by: cycledudeoc
I wear my spandex all the time after working out. But from my personal experience, I've been wearing spandex for sports for so many years, that I no longer think about it, much less do I ever worry about what others may think. I've been wearing spandex since 1987 when I first joined a track & field club, and then I took up road cycling in 1989. Plus, I remember when it was fashionable for both women AND MEN to wear spandex (without anything over it) back in the late '80s and early '90s, and I definitely embraced that fashion trend, wearing my shiny skintight spandex shorts and even my cycling shorts to school. And that's why I've never been shy about wearing lycra in public. I embraced that time period when you'd see random guys on a daily basis wearing spandex with just a t-shirt or tank top while out and about at the grocery store, the bank, the post office, the mall, etc. But like you, I enjoy the feeling and the sense of confidence that I look good and look fit while wearing my spandex in public, and I love wearing my spandex gear even when I'm not going to be working out. Plus, I'm always one to notice guys checking me out and probably wishing they had the balls to be brave enough to be seen wearing something so sexy and at the same time looking and feeling confident in my masculinity and physically fit body. EDIT: Case in point, right now, it's Saturday afternoon. I went for my usual long bike ride with my team this morning. I came home, relaxed for a bit, and went out to run a few errands, and I'm still in my cycling gear from this morning's ride. In a little while, I need to run a few more errands, and I intend to continue wearing my cycling gear all day long. Fortunately for me, my actual body odor has never been too strong or offensive smelling, so that I can continue wearing my sweaty, well-worn jersey and cycling shorts all day long.
I am glad that you embraced spandex from early days. Now I do believe that it’s completely oposite in terms of guys wearing lycra on daily basis. Especially in different countries the experiences might be different. Maybe it’s going to change but some guys need to understand that it’s only clothing and it no one really cares that much if you feel good.
feelfree2b
posted 6 years ago
We should all wear it more in public to make it more natural. We should make a challenge or so.
Deleted user
posted 6 years ago
Agree. Here, the younger dudes are extremely modest, using the private changing booths (there are only 2), while the majority strip or get dressed in the larger open locker room. (Don't know if this is a local thing, or widespread?) Many younger guys shower in their briefs/trunks! The majority shower naked. But the guys 40 & up never use the private stalls & always shower naked. Why are many young dudes modest or secretive in this area? They have their reasons, and I respect that. We can only guess why (embarrassed?, religious up-bringing?, afraid they might get hard, and if straight fear they'll be perceived as gay?) But not me! Total exhibitionist here, and don't hide boners, in fact proud to show that too. It bothered some other guys at first, but now all the regular members are fine with it. Newbies/first timers try not to be seen looking. I look, check out all the guys quite openly, and complement guys who earn it, unashamed! This seems to be rubbing off, as other men are also exchanging complements on each others bodies, even resulting in nicknames. Jeff is "6 Pack" (fab abs) and mine is "Boner Brent" since I'm usually hard in the shower & locker, aroused by the athletic bodies & nudes. (My name is Quentin Brent, & everyone uses my middle name.)
Deleted user
posted 6 years ago
And it is also like a double standard when girls wear tight anytime and anywhere and when the guys wear tights outside the gym it’s like ‘is this what you’re wearing?’ 😁😁
Roro1001
posted 6 years ago
Hey I go to the shops or takeaway in my leggings and no seems to pay much attention nowadays. The gym I go to is right next door to the supermarket so if I have to duck in and get something, I don't bother getting changed. I have worn all sorts of different outfits legging and t shirt combo somtime even just Jammers without any shirt and occasionally I get " good" glances so I say guys should wear more spandex out and be proud to wear it. I also wear leggings or bike shorts whenever I go for a run with no shorts over the top. Even when I am at home I wear leggings We have a pool at our local gym so I only wear speedos, as it is a 24 hour gym sometimes if I am feeling a little horny late at nite I will wear my thong( g string) speedos at the pool. I have worn just a speedo in the gym once. Now that was exciting So I would love to see more guys wearing gear out as well
Deleted user
posted 6 years ago
i haven't done this yet, but am hoping to get to his level soon. it was a big step for me to wear my cycling spandex in public, but even with that it's to be expected cause i'm cycling. sometimes i go through the mcdonald's drive thru in my cycling gear to buy some coffee before my ride (desperation and wetting in spandex is another fetish of mine, but that's for another post! =P), but it gives me a false sense of security because i'm in my car. i have thought about throwing a sweatshirt over my jersey but leaving my spandex shorts exposed and running into getting a drink sometimes--that's probably as daring i can get for now. it would be nice to go out after a cycling ride and hang out in cycling gear tho. =P
feelfree2b
posted 6 years ago
Where ever we can we should get together and go our in public together which might be less daring than alone...
Roro1001
posted 6 years ago
You guys don't have to have encounters at home you can go out wearing your spandex and not just to the gym or pool where it is accepted. I found out that even just going out for a run can be a turn on or what I like doing is wearing my leggings to McDonald's, Pizza Hut or even going for a walk on the beach wearing leggings ( I am lucky enough to have a few beaches nearby). But it could be just a walk around your “own” neighbourhood that might just start your outdoor adventure. Sometimes at the gym I will wear leggings and wait for the reaction of anybody who dares to look. This gets me excited. Sometimes to do get guys and girls coming ng up and start taking about my dress attire in a good way. So it can be a conversation starter So for everybody who is shy about going out and being seen in public wearing tight and sexy clothing "just go for it " it is amazing how you feel once you lose the anxiety like you are being watched or judged
Deleted user
posted 6 years ago
I walked through the San Diego airport yesterday in my reebok tights and a t-shirt
roverfluf
posted 6 years ago
posted by: manmythlegend
I walked through the San Diego airport yesterday in my reebok tights and a t-shirt
I would have LOVED to see that! Did you grab any pics?
feelfree2b
posted 6 years ago
You are my (lycra) heros @manmythlegend and @Roro1001! You shoult take some secret selfies while at the airport or macdonald. This would be encouraging.

Roro1001Roro1001 liked this.

cc8556
posted 6 years ago
WAIT! I'm so curious about the issue that someone brought up above: Why are all these dudes in the locker room changing underneath their towels or in private stalls? Do they have some sort of pubes trim that they're embarrassed at other guys seeing? I am straight and I LOVE getting naked in the locker room. IN fact, i love being naked with other guys in the locker room. If they're taking their (boxer brief!) underwear off (ick) in the locker room, i feel like they think they are some egotistical target of wandering eyes. Like everyone would want to be looking at them so they should change under a towel. I'm embarrassed for them! get naked, dudes. Doesn't mean we are gonna touch you. And since when is it so bad and unnatural to check out other guys' bodies?! It's literally biology. We are checking out 'competing' species. ANd i love when other guys compliment me or other guys. It's a level of relationship that men need to have with each other.
cycledudeoc
posted 6 years ago
Yeah, I've never understood the shyness or embarrassment some dudes have about changing in a "public" place like a locker room. Being a longtime athlete, I competed in cross country and track & field in middle school, high school, and university, which meant stripping down naked in front of the rest of my other naked male teammates and putting on my spandex along with rest of them. Especially when I competed on my NCAA Division 1 university team, our team practices were early in the mornings, and we all showered together afterward to get ready for our classes. And I tell you all from experience, being an uncut male here in the USA is a rarity. So, just imagine all the stares I got from my mostly circumcised teammates as they watched my hooded donkey dick swinging between my legs, LOL! So, that's another reason why I've never been shy about being seen wearing my spandex gear in public. A previous job required me to travel more frequently than my current job. So, I was a regular at Los Angeles International Airport, and I would always wear my unpadded spandex shorts for the flight. I'd wear one of my pairs of vintage Nike spandex shorts or some vintage Hind spandex shorts. I loved all the stares I'd get from other people in the airport or on the plane. Especially when dealing with the TSA agents, I was once lucky enough to be chosen for in-depth screening. The male TSA agent couldn't stop staring at my bulging manhood through my shiny skintight Nike spandex shorts. Haha, I felt him running his hands over my bulge to make sure I wasn't concealing a deadly weapon inside my shorts. He probably wished he could get me alone for some more in-depth security checks! ;)

SpandexHikerGuySpandexHikerGuy liked this.

barenow
posted 5 years ago
Years ago I would often wear "gear" when running errands: supermarket, trips to Target, etc. I stopped and realized this weekend I really miss doing it. I'm not the same weight/shape as I once was and I think that has most to do with it. So, I decided to go for it again. It was Saturday and I decided to shower then put on some Spandex like shorts and a T-shirt, both in black, to start the day. I write Spandex like because they are a cotton blend, tight, and they feel oh so wonderful against my bare skin which I could feel since I never wear underwear or a jock, etc. underneath. Well, I had already purchased tickets to go see a movie that started at 11:30 am so I decided to stay in what I was wearing. I admit that I was feeling a bit conscious of what I was wearing so I took along a windbreaker jacket; it was a little cool after all. So, I arrive at the movies and made sure to put my hands in the pockets of the jacket so that I could cover my crotch area to not quite feel so "on display." Basically I was building up courage that I had years ago. Once inside I didin't know where the specific theater was and I ended up taking a slight wrong turn making my trek to the theater the longest way around the various corridors. Now when I walked in I think there were a few stares but nobody said anything and I tried to be confident walking proud although not sure the fastest way. I found the theater and then I could see there was already a lot of people in the theater. I tried again to be confident walking to my seat which was several rows up and in the center (lucked out on seat placement) knowing a lot of eyes were on me and what I was wearing. I sat down then took then said to myself "go for it" and took off the jacket. Now this is one of those theaters that offers food and drink. A nice waiter in I would say his 20s came to take my order and was nothing but funny and charming. I then thought I had better make a bathroom run before the movie. Leaving the jacket off I made the walk to the other side thinking it would be a faster way out but it ended up being a way to the kitchen for the employees. So, I had to walk at the bottom of the theater now in front of EVERYONE who cared to look. The hallways outside were so bright and now I was just in my tight shorts and T-shirt and said to hell with everyone. I got a smile from someone exiting the men's room as I was entering. Confidence builder. Made my way back in and confidently took my seat. Felt so comfortable to be reclined in my tight shorts and have to admit was feeling a little excited. I waited for all the credits and then decided to put my jacket back on but open and made my way out. Felt so wonderful. Later that night I decided to go to a supermarket still wearing the same. Parking is underground so one has to make their way up escalators. Kept my windbreaker on to "hide" if I wanted to. As I was about to get on the second escalator I saw a guy coming down wearing shoes, a grey T-shirt and thick compression shorts much like for a triathlon. That gave me the confidence to go back to my vehicle and put the jacket away and say I'm going to be me and let my tight shorts and T-shirt be seen. :) I walked all over that store back and forth. I had regained my "who gives a crap" attitude. I was bending over every chance I got and lifting one leg on my cart to give off those special angles. I did see a lot of women wearing tights. I figured if someone called me out for what I was wearing I was going to point out a plethera of women wearing similar clothing. It was such a rush. I ended up staying longer than I had anticipated. I went to the 10 items or less line which took forever. It was a great place to be so close to others where there was nothing but smiles. Made my way out and felt like I wanted to do this every day. Perhaps the best part is the after effect. I felt so horny from the experience. I was going to stop off at a bar still wearing the same but decided to make my way back home as I still needed to take care of something. Missed opportunity that I do plan to take advantage of sometime. Feeling so confident and excited let's just say I made sure to have some satisfying me time. So, see there are many benefits of wearing gear out in public.

Roro1001Roro1001 liked this.

stephie
posted 5 years ago
Thanks for your "report" on wearing spandex out!! I am quite a bit up in age and always wear spandex --- mostly tights with a top --- out! I enjoy the looks and many smiles. I am over weight and up in years, but enjoy the feeling of freedom, never wearing underwear under the tights! Thanks for sharing your story and continue enjoying! BTW, I don't even own a pair of jeans!! Sissy Stephie (Stan)
Deleted user
posted 5 years ago
I met up with a guy from a mother local group about 2 months ago. Posted that he wanted to go shopping for gear (while wearing it of course). I met him late one afternoon, bringing an extra pair of Nike swift tights for him (and a backpack with a few others). He changed in a jamba juice bathroom near Union Square, and off we went, both wearing Nike Swift capri tights, mine black on black, and his green on black. We walked to Macy's where we tried on a couple different tights from UA and Nike (I bought the camo Nike tights you can see in some of the photos), and then we tried Ross and Marshalls to see if anything was there. Of course, there was no avoiding at least a partial erection, and I always like to make sure my ass is also visible, so we both got plenty of stares. Very exhilarating to say the least. There are a couple pics of the outing on my profile.
Deleted user
posted 5 years ago
I finally did it--after a ride with a friend, we decided to go eat. Since I drove down to meet her, I conveniently told her that I hadn't packed an extra set of clothes (two hours drive). So after our ride, she took a shower and put on regular street clothes, while I was still in my spandex. I did feel a little bit weird going into a restaurant, but there weren't too many people around. I felt somewhat comfortable--I try to act as cool as I can regardless, but having a lot of cyclists around and being in the company of another person really helped me out. I'm still not sure if I can do it solo anytime soon, but I hope to be overcome that milestone soon.