Can't see some profile pics anymore

Suggestions and site feedback
speedo_lovr
posted 2 years ago
Is anyone else not seeing certain photos anymore? Some that I was able to see earlier today are no longer visible. I think this is how it used to be a while back for those without a membership where pics labeled as "adult" weren't visible to non-paying members. Not sure if this is intentional or a temporary issue. Have the membership features been re-enabled? Thanks
Last edited: 2 years ago

Deleted userDeleted user liked this.

Bonerman
posted 2 years ago
Same experience for me.

Deleted userDeleted user liked this.

SpandexSucker
posted 2 years ago
I think we've reverted back to the site limitation days for non-financial members. I understand that the new site owner needs to make money, but this comes at the cost of member engagement - I felt things became really vibrant and active when the viewing restrictions were relaxed. Perhaps a happy medium is to impose daily view limits (pics and vids), aka recon.com? That way, members (financial and non-financial alike) remain active participants (posting, viewing, liking), but are also incentivised to pay for membership. With these restrictions back, I'll probably visit the site a lot less often now again.
OldNick666
posted 2 years ago
I also seem to have lost membership privileges and can't see how to renew membership. I wonder what is going on?
Malchik1980
posted 2 years ago
I tried to pay through epoch, they had no record of my account I’ve had for years. I tried to pay and I can’t. I’m really pissed off.

swissbi_chswissbi_ch liked this.

joesane
posted 2 years ago
Same problem here
BrooklynLycra
posted 2 years ago
Can’t find where to renew memberships. The premium membership page lists the benefits and show the record of my memberships but there’s no link to renew
Deleted user
posted 2 years ago
Same here. Admin???
roverfluf
posted 2 years ago
I think that the old admin gave everyone free premium memberships a while back and disabled the ability to sign up for new premium memberships as he was planning on shutting down the website. I'm almost 100% sure that when he did this, he set an expiration date of the free premium memberships he granted to all users, and as today is June 1, 2022 it makes sense that he set the expiry date to 31 May. I'm almost 100% certain that this was not something that someone activated yesterday, but simply something that was done in the past, many months ago, and was forgotten about. Please be patient and allow the new owner of the site some time to come in and fix the problem - it's not the end of the world, and it's not nefarious in any way. This is a complex website with many working parts, and sometimes glitches and issues will take a while to be resolved. Again, please be patient, and I'm sure the new owner will provide an update whenever he is able.
speedo_lovr
posted 2 years ago
posted by: roverfluf
I think that the old admin gave everyone free premium memberships a while back and disabled the ability to sign up for new premium memberships as he was planning on shutting down the website. I'm almost 100% sure that when he did this, he set an expiration date of the free premium memberships he granted to all users, and as today is June 1, 2022 it makes sense that he set the expiry date to 31 May. I'm almost 100% certain that this was not something that someone activated yesterday, but simply something that was done in the past, many months ago, and was forgotten about. Please be patient and allow the new owner of the site some time to come in and fix the problem - it's not the end of the world, and it's not nefarious in any way. This is a complex website with many working parts, and sometimes glitches and issues will take a while to be resolved. Again, please be patient, and I'm sure the new owner will provide an update whenever he is able.
This was what I was thinking as well. I don't mind waiting.
johnaaw
posted 2 years ago
Hey all 👋, I'd like to clarify that the subscription process has been stopped as you may have read on the front page why. ever since the admin has been upgrading all accounts to Premium Membership for free. since it's a monthly thing, upgrading all accounts to the Premium Membership needs to be done manually every month. SpandexPartyAdmin told me that he did so with MAY (https://www.spandexparty.com/yaf/yaf_postsm39507_membership-help.aspx#post39507). I'll follow up on that. 👉 FYI we're still in the transition phase where only Mike can make certain changes. Hope to be through it by mid June. I can only ask for your patience here and I'll ping SpandexPartyAdmin if he could make sure to push the free Premium Membership to 1st of July.
Last edited: 2 years ago
speedo_lovr
posted 2 years ago
Much appreciated John and thanks for the explanation.

SpandexHikerGuySpandexHikerGuy liked this.

BiSurfer
posted 2 years ago
Thank you! I was having the same problem. BTW, I am more than happy to pay a subscription, as I'm sure it is not cheap to keep this site up and running. :)

speed0tyr
posted 2 years ago
Same here, glad to subscribe.

swissbi_ch
posted 2 years ago
My membership just expired on the first of June, without any possibilities to renew it (epoch doesn't know me...). It seems the same problem as for everybody (?).
SpandexHikerGuy
posted 2 years ago
posted by: johnaaw
Hey all 👋, I'd like to clarify that the subscription process has been stopped as you may have read on the front page why. ever since the admin has been upgrading all accounts to Premium Membership for free. since it's a monthly thing, upgrading all accounts to the Premium Membership needs to be done manually every month. SpandexPartyAdmin told me that he did so with MAY (https://www.spandexparty.com/yaf/yaf_postsm39507_membership-help.aspx#post39507). I'll follow up on that. 👉 FYI we're still in the transition phase where only Mike can make certain changes. Hope to be through it by mid June. I can only ask for your patience here and I'll ping SpandexPartyAdmin if he could make sure to push the free Premium Membership to 1st of July.
I’m sure many of us understand that it’s not a easy job to manage this site I’m grateful for both Admins past and present. I wish the site luck in the future.

Deleted userDeleted user,JOCKXDJOCKXD liked this.

Deleted user
posted 2 years ago
Thanks for the update John. Happy to wait👍