Site closing/New site?

Suggestions and site feedback
spxlyra
posted 2 years ago
Hey everyone, I'm a web developer and I've long considered making a new site, but didn't want to compete with Spandex Party. Now that it's closing, the time seems better than ever. But I'd like to hear some opinions... Is this something that is wanted? Some research needs to be done, especially considering the problems that the admin listed for the closing. I don't know if I can overcome them, especially since it would likely require a lot of costs for databases (once more users join) and legal consultation to make sure everything is done correctly, as well as other costs. But as a long time user, I love having this community. So please sound off. Is this something you'd like? And if so, please let me know if there are any features you'd like to see. I don't imagine I can do this extremely fast, but it's something that can definitely simmer and hopefully come to fruition if there is enough interest. Last thing... If you'd like to be kept in the know, shoot me an email at spxlyra@gmail.com. You can also find me on IG at spxlyra, or I recently created a twitter with the same handle (spxlyra). I haven't used it at all yet, so don't be surprised that the twitter is blank. And if you're not interested, it's been a pleasure sharing this site with you all. All the best, spxlyra
Last edited: 2 years ago
sequential
posted 2 years ago
For me the thing that work well here are: Private (You have to be a member to be able to see the pictures) Easy photo uploads Forum for chat / engagement Monthly top pictures (that resets each month so older pictures don't just end up always being the top) Private photo attachments Maybe new features could be a locked gallery (like scruff and now grindr do)

BubblebumBubblebum,Nikos410Nikos410 liked this.

BiSurfer
posted 2 years ago
I really miss the chat feature. If it can be cam, great! However, I don't think it needs that. I agree 100% with the previous post. :)(
Deleted user
posted 2 years ago
Yes please, since we can’t keep this party going I’m happy to join the after. Personally, I don’t mind paying a monthly fee to help keep the lights on. After all, it’s worth it. There is a new found appreciation for SP after learning it will be gone. 🌹
feelfree2b
posted 2 years ago
What I really likes as well is the monthly top list. Excellent to keep up the interaction. And the forum.
Bubblebum
posted 2 years ago
I’d be up to join an After for sure….things i like: Chat function - no need for video but some guys like that option Most recent vid/pic page Most viewed pic, profile, video etc…gamifies the site, makes it fun Who’s online Ability to ‘like or cum’ and comment on pics Searchability by category Searchability by member profile detail Things like that - and agree with a previous comment that i have a newfound appreciation for this site now that its closing. I’ve noticed guys posting a LOT more photos now…
koalalover
posted 2 years ago
posted by: spxlyra
Hey everyone, I'm a web developer and I've long considered making a new site, but didn't want to compete with Spandex Party. Now that it's closing, the time seems better than ever. But I'd like to hear some opinions... Is this something that is wanted? Some research needs to be done, especially considering the problems that the admin listed for the closing. I don't know if I can overcome them, especially since it would likely require a lot of costs for databases (once more users join) and legal consultation to make sure everything is done correctly, as well as other costs. But as a long time user, I love having this community. So please sound off. Is this something you'd like? And if so, please let me know if there are any features you'd like to see. I don't imagine I can do this extremely fast, but it's something that can definitely simmer and hopefully come to fruition if there is enough interest. Last thing... If you'd like to be kept in the know, shoot me an email at spxlyra@gmail.com. You can also find me on IG at spxlyra, or I recently created a twitter with the same handle (spxlyra). I haven't used it at all yet, so don't be surprised that the twitter is blank. And if you're not interested, it's been a pleasure sharing this site with you all. All the best, spxlyra
Why don't you get in touch with the current owner and take it over?
spxlyra
posted 2 years ago
posted by: koalalover
.... Why don't you get in touch with the current owner and take it over?
It sounds like with the current infrastructure and the issues mentioned that led to the closing (and likely a very old code base), it would be harder to take over than to start new. I also don't think it would be easy with data protection to transfer over users to someone else. But I have reached out to the admin to see if the domain will be available to take over and continue with the site name. Would be great to keep that going.
wilian
posted 2 years ago
I'd be joining for sure!
Howie1
posted 2 years ago
Count me in
Nikos410
posted 2 years ago
Great idea !
BoundLycRubberCub
posted 2 years ago
Assuming updates on the new site being built will be on twitter/insta?
koalalover
posted 2 years ago
It sounds like with the current infrastructure and the issues mentioned that led to the closing (and likely a very old code base), it would be harder to take over than to start new. I also don't think it would be easy with data protection to transfer over users to someone else. But I have reached out to the admin to see if the domain will be available to take over and continue with the site name. Would be great to keep that going.
I am no site builder but if the infra is not sufficient for a new site maybe the look feel and name can continue.

BubblebumBubblebum liked this.

Exhibitionist
posted 2 years ago
That would be amazing! :)

biglad_cjbiglad_cj liked this.

okg
posted 2 years ago
Yes please. 👍 Lots to look at on twitter and elsewhere, but prefer the private and dedicated community of this site.
Alexlom
posted 2 years ago
I will be glad to new acquaintances. looking for men over 50 years old. leave me your email address and I will contact you.
mighty_sf
posted 2 years ago
+1 We need a community site that goes beyond IG. Spandexguys.com is cool but feels dated.
Bubblebum
posted 2 years ago
posted by: mighty_sf
+1 We need a community site that goes beyond IG. Spandexguys.com is cool but feels dated.
Www.usg-online.com is pretty good. NOT perfect by any stretch. The photo function could be smoother and more central, but you can post a lot, the comment section allows for more levels of pic appreciation vs. ‘like’ or ‘cum’. Quite a few guys have signed up thus far….i sort of like that it sort of freaked the administrator out a bit with the influx! Haha.
spxlyra
posted 2 years ago
I wrote to the admin a few days ago and still waiting to hear if I can continue with the name.
spandexdaz
posted 2 years ago
Admin never answers so don't try