Help!...Disabled Instagram Account

Blog
SpandexFootballPants
posted 2 years ago
My Instagram account has been disabled. The message I saw regarding it indicated I was doing things too quickly. I did spend a couple of hours one afternoon pulling up a bunch of hashtags, and opening a bunch of new windows with the posts and clicking thru more hashtags on those posts. Eventually IG stopped loading photos for me. so I guess that was what triggered this. I tried waiting... but it has now been 3 weeks and I am still disabled. Does anyone have any experience getting an account re-enabled? I tried the form on the link provided when I tried to login, and it didn't do anything for me. I can't find any way to contact/email IG to ask to get re-enabled. Does anyone have any tips or advice, or know anyone I can reach out to? This is not my "personal" IG, just my fetish account so I'm not going to contact IG support on facebook as I only have a personal (non fetish) FB.
Exhibitionist
posted 2 years ago
I take it you have seen this? https://help.instagram.com/366993040048856
SpandexFootballPants
posted 2 years ago
Yea, when I try to login on the app, it tells me my account has been disabled for violating their terms. If I click on learn more to see how I can restore my account and fill out the form saying I think I was disabled in error I get a message saying: You can't use this feature right now. You are engaging in behavior that may be considered annoying or abusive by other users. Facebook's systems determined that you were going too fast when taking an action. You must significantly slow down. Further misuse of site features may result in a temporary block or your account being permanently disabled. (This is what I keep getting when trying to restore my account over the past 3 weeks.) .... which makes no sense at all. I was going too fast? All I can think is back to the day before I was disabled I spent a couple of hours clicking through a bunch of hashtags, and had lots of tabs open because I would pull up one hashtag page and for any interesting posts open them in a new tab. So at times I had about 20 IG tabs open in my web browser. I only liked or commented on a few of the posts (definitely under 20), so I wasn't doing that too fast.
Exhibitionist
posted 2 years ago
That sounds odd. Have you lost many photos? Is it worth setting up a new account than trying to reactivate it?
SpandexFootballPants
posted 2 years ago
I only had a few photos posted. I was more concerned about the list of users I follow and preserving my account name. I finally got an email from IG asking for me to verify that I own the account by submitting a photo of myself holding a hand-written copy of a series of numbers they provided. So I'll see if that works. Thanks for your help with this.