Bringing Back the Adidas Equipment/Full Bodysuit

Sell your gear
Tetirs
posted 2 years ago
Hi, I'm interested in bringing back the Adidas equipment/full bodysuit - using the same material/fabric/cut/etc. with a high quality manufacturer, so these suits will always be available for sale in many sizes and colors. Before I start the process, however, I would like your help in answering some questions: What is the general demand for these suits? i.e. market size, do you think there will be 10000+ people around the world that one want? % returning customers? What price point would you say is fair for a suit? $200, $300, etc. (I see on eBay, some go for several thousand $) What improvements would you like to see added to the suit design? What sports activities would you engaging in while wearing these suits? (ex. cycling, swimming, running, speed skating, nordic skiing, recovery, riding etc.) Which version of the suit do you like the best? Which version of the suit was not so good? Any other products that are popular enough to bring back? (ex. fastskin 2) Anything else I should know before engaging on this endeavor? Detailed responses will be much appreciated, thank you!
Usasportsfan
posted 2 years ago
Speedo and adidas gave you permission to copy their designs and market them?
Tetirs
posted 2 years ago
posted by: Usasportsfan
Speedo and adidas gave you permission to copy their designs and market them?
It will be under a new brand. As far as patents are concerned (if there are any), it has been 20 years, so they are now expired.
Exhibitionist
posted 2 years ago
Dunno about the others but for me your post is a bit overwhelming with so many questions. Wouldn't it be easier to create an online survey, something like Monkey survey, so that you can gather all details you want to know from us? We can respond with yes/no, or fill in boxes with answers? I take it you have done some research on this, apart from asking us for our opinions?
Tetirs
posted 2 years ago
posted by: Exhibitionist
Dunno about the others but for me your post is a bit overwhelming with so many questions. Wouldn't it be easier to create an online survey, something like Monkey survey, so that you can gather all details you want to know from us? We can respond with yes/no, or fill in boxes with answers? I take it you have done some research on this, apart from asking us for our opinions?
Feels free to answer what you want. I think the Adidas suit is still the best suit ever created, and I believe many people feel the same, but I would like some more confirmation. If I'm to build a business around it, I want to make sure it'll at least be self-sustaining.
arkel
posted 2 years ago
Hey there, I'd be interested in one because I think they definitely look amazing. As far as prices go... I think spending $200 on gear is my personal limit, which, as you said, is much less than what people will spend to purchase a real jetconcept suit...

AdidasRunAdidasRun liked this.

adidas_jetconcept
posted 2 years ago
That is certainly a nice idea! And will attract a lot of people who are interested. If fabric and quality are as good as the original ones, everyone will love them! A price between 100 - 150 Euro would make them very attractive and more easily order more then one. Running, swimming, cycling, paddle boarding (stand up paddling), kayaking, surfing, kite surfing, etc, etc The Equipment line is already amazing, to wear and the designs are very nice. Not sure they would allow for the three stripes... The Jetconcept line has more compression, very nice! But missing the different colours, as seen in the Equipment line. Also the thin yellow / gold water streaming strips on the backside, do peal off very quickly. Which makes the suit almost only possible to wear for just swimming and even then ... they seam to go easily... which is a real pity. And they leave marks, where they have been. So I would prefer a suit without these thin lines, on the back. Also (some of) the Jetconcepts front design, from legs to body part, is not as steep as those from thee Equipment line (in my experience). I prefer the higher leg cut, as it keeps things better in place.