payments

Suggestions and site feedback
supercity
posted 3 years ago
No cam/chat, now payment link doesnt work. Just made my decision easier to call it quits! wasted many years here,
scotspandex
posted 3 years ago
Yes I know how you feel But where do we go next ? Whats out there similar to SP?
Exhibitionist
posted 3 years ago
posted by: scotspandex
Yes I know how you feel But where do we go next ? Whats out there similar to SP?
At the moment, paying to be on this site is basically just access to private photos, and that's it. You can set up a profile on Twitter etc and see those photos, but for free. That's pretty much the difference.

mml2mml2 liked this.

Ubiquitous
posted 2 years ago
I just was notified that CCBill has cancelled my subscription order. Has this happened to anyone else?
Bubblebum
posted 2 years ago
I never paid but somehow got ability to upload more than 8 or so pics!
colake
posted 2 years ago
It seems that everyone is a premium member until July. Let's hope that this is not the beginning of the end of this site. It's a great place to share our lycra passion and to make connections with other guys. It take a lot of effort of the admin to keep this site running but only thing he gets in return are complaints. I would not be surprised that he finally made the decision to stop with this site. For the admin this is a hobby and not his full-time job. People seems to forgot about that very easy. I know that everything is not perfect but this site have to offer so much good things also. Please focus on that or we will loose this great place. I keep my fingers crossed that we can enjoy this great place for many more years.
speedologo
posted 2 years ago
I would like to thank Colake (my compatriot, by the way ^^) for his very "useful post". Not only is it a useful post, it is also "no-nonsense" and - in my view - objective. Many times I wanted to post a similar message, but never got to it apparently. Indeed, I fully share the views of Colake. We tend to complain about what is not perfect on this site but tend to forget what does work well. And the first thing that is quite unique about this site is the true sense of comradeship between like-minded spandex guys it is able to create. Let us now hope our admin doesn't have the intention to stop with the site. Let this message be an encouragement to him to continue !! Cheers to all

diedierikdiedierik,BubblebumBubblebum liked this.

Bubblebum
posted 2 years ago
posted by: colake
It seems that everyone is a premium member until July. Let's hope that this is not the beginning of the end of this site. It's a great place to share our lycra passion and to make connections with other guys. It take a lot of effort of the admin to keep this site running but only thing he gets in return are complaints. I would not be surprised that he finally made the decision to stop with this site. For the admin this is a hobby and not his full-time job. People seems to forgot about that very easy. I know that everything is not perfect but this site have to offer so much good things also. Please focus on that or we will loose this great place. I keep my fingers crossed that we can enjoy this great place for many more years.
Great post, 100% right, thank you for saying this. Hopefully the admin keeps things going - all we really need is to keep pic/posts going, a bit of fun playful banter and someone to hopefully welcome people to the site so that this keeps going. Thanks all! -Bubblebum

speedologospeedologo liked this.

stringbody2015
posted 2 years ago
well, I don't see any alternative working the way this site is functioning! Its fun to see so many guys with the same or almost same interest! This chatroom is working well too, the fact that we don't have anymore an option of cam2cam is a pity, but then; you can contact members easily in this chatroom and then connect by zoom or Skype. The bandwidth needed for a good cam2cam option is much to big and too expensive... So in total: Thanks a lot to the admin!

Exhibitionist
posted 2 years ago
If finding time to run this site is a problem for the admin, then perhaps the admin could consider finding a volunteer to help with running this site rather letting it go? I'm sure there'll be many guys willing to help out if it means keeping this site going

Exhibitionist
posted 2 years ago
posted by: ubiquitous
I just was notified that CCBill has cancelled my subscription order. Has this happened to anyone else?
I'm a paid member and I've just noticed it states my membership ends on 1st June 2022. Haven't seen this before. But I've not received any notifications etc. I've also noticed on the 'Premium Membership' page there's nothing to make a payment etc. It's as if you can't become a paid member anymore? Can any non-paying members see any facility to make payments or has it definitely been taken away?
colake
posted 2 years ago
Everyone is a premium member for the moment until June. That's why I think that the site is maybe ending. Fingers crossed it's not the case. It's probably not only a matter of time but more than that. And even with volunteers it cost time for the admin to keep the site up and running. Especially if he have a full-time job and a familie. The admin can't live from they payed members. It's probably just enough to keep the site running. Most important ingredient is motivation and support. And I'm not sure that we give that enough. Different messages here on the forum are complaints. I don't want to know how many complaints the admin gets in his mailbox. That will definitely not help to motivate someone to spend his valuable free time on it. Besides my day job as webdeveloper I develop and maintain also a website in my free time so i know what it takes. In all the years I'm doing that I never got a mail or message telling me how good I did it but only messages about small mistakes that are on the site. It's also very annoying that non technical people tells that some changes are supper easy. If you don't know the technical details you can't say that. It's like telling to an architect that removing a wall is super simpel but in the end the house collapse.

speedologospeedologo,bobuk1205bobuk1205 liked this.

Exhibitionist
posted 2 years ago
It may be that the admin is ending all payments so that it becomes one standard/basic free membership for all, to reduce complaints, the time it takes to run the site, etc and everyone has same expectation from this site.
colake
posted 2 years ago
posted by: Exhibitionist
It may be that the admin is ending all payments so that it becomes one standard/basic free membership for all, to reduce complaints, the time it takes to run the site, etc and everyone has same expectation from this site.
I'm afraid that this is a little bit to optimistic. Hosting a website like spandexparty cost money. A lot more than a website with news articles for example. The videos and images take a lot of space and that's the most expensive part. It's cheaper then 10 years ago but still. We are talking about a minimum of 100 dollar per month and thats probably on the low side. So only if the admin won the lottery spandexparty can stay free for many more years. Free or payed will not make a huge difference in time needed to maintain the website. And also the complaints will not be lower. Yep people are still complaining even when they get a great product for free. Maybe I'm a little bit to pessimistic but we will be only sure about that after getting some news from the admin. Fingers crossed that this is positive news so that we don't loose this great place.
Bubblebum
posted 2 years ago
posted by: colake
posted by: Exhibitionist
I'm afraid that this is a little bit to optimistic. Hosting a website like spandexparty cost money. A lot more than a website with news articles for example. The videos and images take a lot of space and that's the most expensive part. It's cheaper then 10 years ago but still. We are talking about a minimum of 100 dollar per month and thats probably on the low side. So only if the admin won the lottery spandexparty can stay free for many more years. Free or payed will not make a huge difference in time needed to maintain the website. And also the complaints will not be lower. Yep people are still complaining even when they get a great product for free. Maybe I'm a little bit to pessimistic but we will be only sure about that after getting some news from the admin. Fingers crossed that this is positive news so that we don't loose this great place.
Unfortunately I think you may be right - I’m not sure what the active user base is here but he should go an market this to the underwear and spandex-related companies for some ad funding. That could drive some user activity and get a few more conversations going perhaps?