Advertising limit for members' own companies

Suggestions and site feedback
dakota1212
posted 4 years ago
I love that our site has entrepreneurs who sell their own products, we need more of that in this space ;) Was wondering if we should have guidelines that limit how often we advertise in the forums though? Maybe once a month or something. It's one thing to sell some of your used gear, but I have seen that some folks are advertising the product they make pretty often, posting every week or more around the different areas. No disrespect to anyone, I am glad we are all here! Just thinking out loud about how to take care of our community.
Last edited: 4 years ago
roverfluf
posted 4 years ago
I agree. It's getting to a point where I don't want to log on anymore because of all the ads and incessant posting. It's even more frustrating when they try to hide the true nature of the post by using a catchy title, and you click on it only to find out that it's an ad. It's the very definition of clickbait. Luckily I'm starting to see who the constant offenders are and I'm able to filter some of them out, but I agree, it's getting to a point where it's too much.
mml2
posted 4 years ago
Add to that, the worst offender offers a product which doesn’t exactly align with the reason we’re all here; covering the body or portions thereof with shiny spandex.
virgospeedo
posted 4 years ago
I agree, and thanks for bringing this up. It's one thing to share creativity and gear from member stores - as I have some great pieces that I've bought from member online shops in the past. However frequent sales pitching is not in the spirit of SpandexParty profiles. The forum is the place members can go to if they are interested to explore more than the occasional suggestions.