Anyone's Spandex fetish getting in the way of a "normal" sex life?

Encounters
spankbang
posted 5 years ago
I have found that I am ONLY attracted to gear, not male or female but a male or female wearing gear. eg. I am not attracted whatsoever to a nice looking woman or man, but am attracted to either when they are wearing the correct gear. The thought of "normal" sex doesn't turn me on at all unless gear is involved. This has caused serious issues in my romantic life and I am wondering if anyone has experienced similar/ has any advice to "dial down" this exclusive fetish?
FootyShorts
posted 5 years ago
I feel the same in my current relationship. He doesn't share the idea. So, I don't think we will ever have spandex sex and I will see how long I can live with it lol
MisterK
posted 5 years ago
Same for me. But im lucky, my girlfriend feel the same. We both are bi too.
kinikispeedo
posted 5 years ago
I'm gay ..with a brilliant b/f now, he doesn't share my liking of lycra or speedos.. but he does like to see me in it, not too sure what he would think of if i asked him to bend me over and fill me in it though... i wouldnt mind though..lol..
Deleted user
posted 5 years ago
It hasn’t gotten in the way....but in fact fanned the flames. I’d say i’m Having more sex now than before
Tnglvr
posted 5 years ago
When my wife and I first started dating she was really into my thongs, gstrings and cockrings. Then introduced her to some of my lingerie fetish. She was only luke warm about that but played along with it. Lately she isn't liking any of it and complains the only time I'm in the mood is if I'm dressed in sexy gear. So yes! It's definitely getting in the way. I've tried dialing it back but sex just isn't the same for me...as a result, for her either:(
Deleted user
posted 5 years ago
posted by: spankbang
I have found that I am ONLY attracted to gear, not male or female but a male or female wearing gear. eg. I am not attracted whatsoever to a nice looking woman or man, but am attracted to either when they are wearing the correct gear. The thought of "normal" sex doesn't turn me on at all unless gear is involved. This has caused serious issues in my romantic life and I am wondering if anyone has experienced similar/ has any advice to "dial down" this exclusive fetish?
I'm the same way! That's why I call myself a spandex-sexual. Guy or girl, it doesn't matter as long as I'm focusing on the spandex on a person. Normal sex has been a rough thing for me and my partner--she only goes along with my spandex just cause. The spandex I'm into (cycling shorts and skinsuits) usually make it difficult to have sex with in it, because of the lack of holes and tightness--I don't want to rip apart my spandex either. We have come to a good compromise with the Underarmor black 9" boxerjock. It kinda looks like cycling shorts and has an easy access in the front so that's how I have sex with my partner with now when I'm in spandex. Other times, I wear loose basketball shorts and that's usually easy enough for me to slide my piece through one of the sides of my shorts. Either way, "normal" sex is a turn off for me--no matter how perfect or hot it is, I lose my mood if all I see is bare skin and nakedness. Call me weird, but that's me--a spandexsexual!
Deleted user
posted 5 years ago
Exploring your fetish is awesome, can't argue with that. But having it interfere so much in your sex ife is not normal, and not good at all. You gys should contact a therapist, that can help you with this issue, chances are this is affecting your life in more ways than you actually realise. Stay safe.
spankbang
posted 5 years ago
posted by: Guest
Exploring your fetish is awesome, can't argue with that. But having it interfere so much in your sex ife is not normal, and not good at all. You gys should contact a therapist, that can help you with this issue, chances are this is affecting your life in more ways than you actually realise. Stay safe.
Thanks for the reply A fetish is normally defined as "gratification linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing etc." That suggests a majority of people with a fetish may struggle to find gratification without their object of choice, no? What other ways do you think this could be affecting my life?
Deleted user
posted 5 years ago
posted by: Guest
Thanks for the reply A fetish is normally defined as "gratification linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing etc." That suggests a majority of people with a fetish may struggle to find gratification without their object of choice, no? What other ways do you think this could be affecting my life?
I don’t think that a spandex fetish is wrong in any way. There are people out there who like women with only big boobs. Or guys like other guys with flat abs and a bubble butt...and will obsess over it and it reallly gets them off. Like a person in tight jeans? That’s a fetish, don’t see anything wrong with it. While I LOVE spandex play and being in and being with someone in tight gear, i do have other fetishes, as i suspect those above also really get off on specific things. I say if you like it and it makes you happy, then go for it and it’s perfectly fine. If it takes over your life and you can’t function in other capacities, then yes, seek help :)

virgospeedovirgospeedo liked this.

cc8556
posted 5 years ago
posted by: ssjammerz
I'm the same way! That's why I call myself a spandex-sexual. Guy or girl, it doesn't matter as long as I'm focusing on the spandex on a person. Normal sex has been a rough thing for me and my partner--she only goes along with my spandex just cause. The spandex I'm into (cycling shorts and skinsuits) usually make it difficult to have sex with in it, because of the lack of holes and tightness--I don't want to rip apart my spandex either. We have come to a good compromise with the Underarmor black 9" boxerjock. It kinda looks like cycling shorts and has an easy access in the front so that's how I have sex with my partner with now when I'm in spandex. Other times, I wear loose basketball shorts and that's usually easy enough for me to slide my piece through one of the sides of my shorts. Either way, "normal" sex is a turn off for me--no matter how perfect or hot it is, I lose my mood if all I see is bare skin and nakedness. Call me weird, but that's me--a spandexsexual!
Maybe the new word here is a SPANSEXUAL.
stevenlang
posted 5 years ago
posted by: SexyThong
I don’t think that a spandex fetish is wrong in any way. There are people out there who like women with only big boobs. Or guys like other guys with flat abs and a bubble butt...and will obsess over it and it reallly gets them off. Like a person in tight jeans? That’s a fetish, don’t see anything wrong with it. While I LOVE spandex play and being in and being with someone in tight gear, i do have other fetishes, as i suspect those above also really get off on specific things. I say if you like it and it makes you happy, then go for it and it’s perfectly fine. If it takes over your life and you can’t function in other capacities, then yes, seek help :)
What a perfect way of expressing my thoughts. I agree 100% with SexyThong.
Deleted user
posted 5 years ago
posted by: stevenlang
:) thanks! Good to know i’m Not alone in this world! I did have my first (not ‘spandex’ i know) latex experience the other weekend - a friend of mine has a couple full body suits with fun attachments that made for a mind blowing experience. Guess it goes to show its not just spandex but anything tight and form fitting.
virgospeedo
posted 5 years ago
Glad your latex experience was so mind-blowing. Everyone's fetish and scope is different...so it's really hard to say what the normal is?? Some people choose to express and enjoy their fetishes more than others! That's what this site is all about :) On the other hand, 'addiction' to a fetish is another thing.....
Deleted user
posted 5 years ago
posted by: stevenlang
:) thanks! Good to know i’m Not alone in this world! I did have my first (not ‘spandex’ i know) latex experience the other weekend - a friend of mine has a couple full body suits with fun attachments that made for a mind blowing experience. Guess it goes to show its not just spandex but anything tight and form fitting.
Glad to hear your first latex experience went so well. It’s such a fun material! :) Couldn’t agree more with your earlier comments. We’re all different and enjoy what we enjoy. As long as it makes you happy.
scotspandex
posted 5 years ago
Nope.....
jonshiny
posted 5 years ago
I now only fuck when I'm wearing a leotard.
BiSurfer
posted 5 years ago
posted by: FootyShorts
I feel the same in my current relationship. He doesn't share the idea. So, I don't think we will ever have spandex sex and I will see how long I can live with it lol
You should just buy him something...maybe start with a speedo. When he tries in on, just attack him and give him the best sex of his life. It will give him a very positive association with spandex. ;)
Deleted user
posted 5 years ago
My partner and I have great sex without lycra, but like lots of partners of guys on here, he isn't into lycra. Wearing lycra during sex would certainly be a big extra thrill. It's good to know I'm not the only guy who has to enjoy his fetish alone.
feelfree2b
posted 5 years ago
Unfortunately "normal" sex life is rather getting in the way of my Spandex fetish 🤣

Gero1103Gero1103 liked this.