New users, wrong Location (City)

Suggestions and site feedback
flurric
posted 8 years ago
Hey hey, freshly created profiles usually show a wrong City (someplace in Asia). When the user changes it the next time, it will be shown correctly from now on. And chance to see this fixed..? :P Cheers flu
Last edited: 7 years ago
flurric
posted 7 years ago
*push* :-)
spandexpartyadmin
posted 7 years ago
Hi there, Thanks for letting us know about this issue. The issue with locations is that we used to have member profiles geo-located automatically but changed this a while back to allow people to set their region manually. This is more reliable but does mean that those who haven't updated the region in their profile will not have it show correctly. There is a prompt upon creating a profile to set your city manually. All the best and enjoy the site! Technical Support
flurric
posted 7 years ago
That is not what I observe... Creating a new profile, even though the correct city is selected from the very beginning, the wrong one is stored. And there is no prompt to change the location (which, however, was set just seconds before). So I think this still is wrong. The initial city gets lost and the user can't recognize something went wrong unless checking his own profile... Pls have this checked and tested, as I think it's quite annoying to see 95% new users having no correct city/region information :( Thx and have an enjoyable Sunday flu
flurric
posted 7 years ago
I guess it's as simple as "region and city codes mixed up" at a very single point of malfunction :) Currently it's still unchanged.. unfortunately :( Cheers! flu
spandexpartyadmin
posted 7 years ago
Hi Flu, Thanks for your helpful addition to the thread. You may be right with your diagnosis, and I've asked Mike to look into this as soon as he can. I can't promise it will change immediately but we will get to it as soon as possible. Many thanks for your patience. User Support
flurric
posted 7 years ago
That's good to know and I hope to see it changing soon (together with some other flaws which are there since the relaunch :)) Merry Xmas to the whole team and keep up running this site, it's one of the best! Cheers flu

dakota1212dakota1212 liked this.